The season is here! We are officially full to capacity and ready to begin!
The posters are being put up all over town to announce the 2017 season start…
What a great summer it proves to be, many returning artisans and many new vendors! Each tent you will see this summer will be inhabited by the MAKER of the art you will see, something that is important to the Guild as a whole. Each vendor is also a LOCAL, RI resident which is equally as important. We will feature each artisan in a brief post so you can get to know them. Here is a list of all vendors and a bit about what they offer. Of course seeing the work in person and speaking with each artist should be on your to do list coming up June 28th, thought we should introduce ourselves first.
First the organizational team consists of Don from Photography from Sand Hill Cove and Karen from Signs O’ Fire. These two met vending together at the local farmers market, both were searching for the perfect venue and are very happy now that they have found it in Narragansett Arts Guild.
2017 returning vendors;
- Anita Bevans, a RI native and talented jeweler from Moonlight Jewelry has something for everyone; feelings of serenity and peace shine through in her work.
- Mike Bryce returns to make gazebo park brighter with his amazing large and small paintings of local RI scenes, beautiful portraits of mermaids, sunflowers and beaches.
- Steve Tegu from Esteverde will delight the crowd with his creative display~like nothing you’ve ever seen before, which shows off his jewelry, sculpture and local treasures so well.
- Art by Seth is back again giving us a taste of his wonderful style of painting and interesting subject matter ~which he often does on site to impress us all.
- Signs O’ Fire is back under the orange tent with portraits of nature and signs using re-purposed wood. Her process is writing with fire~ aka pyrography.
- DAS Photography by Dave Sieczkiewicz, a local ocean lover and photographer, his work is captivating and once you learn his process and hear his stories you will be amazed.
- Don from Photography from Sand Hill Cove shows us all the beauty of our coastline and town with his fantastic images of Narragansett large and small.
Three new artisans join the guild this year plus a very exciting new addition ~~
- Henna Body Art! Local artist Stephanie from HHStudioRI is excited to join the guild and make all of us look and feel more beautiful and happy this summer with her amazing henna designs.
- Earth Ware Collective is an exciting group that will be showing off their talents in ceramics this year. A small group of RIC students have created a collective of their pottery, each week featuring a different artist, all with tons of talent and energy!
- Mary Walsh from Be Creative Mary is another Narragansett native artist who has her hands busy working in clay, which is as creatively colorful as her paintings. Her bright and cheerful style will make you smile and wonder how she does it all.
- Painting Daisies is a new vendor, the work of Tracey Lee has a seaside meets vintage flair, creating candle holders, hat pins, fabric and paper art galore!
- Design by Neringa is just that, elegant and statement jewelry designed by Neringa, a local whose style is more than classically beautiful~truly stunning necklaces and earrings! Her sweet manor and smile will make you want to chat with her for hours about her wonderful pieces.
In addition to all of this creativity every Wednesday Night in Narraganset we offer spaces for Local Non-profits to display and sell for their organization. The calendar is nearly full only 2 spots left! We will share all of their info soon as the calendar is complete.
There are only a few weeks left to wait for opening night. Surely the artists are gathering speed getting ready and on June 28th our ten week season starts at 5 p.m.
Look for more detailed info on each artist soon. Please like and share as much as possible, our livelihood depends on it! Without support from the local community and the town of Narragansett we would all be starving artists! We are getting excited for 2017 summer season, the greatest yet for sure!